Assessment • Program • Support Training
Follow-up Exercises • Review
The Assessment: Call 312-360-0805 to arrange a consultation and screening appointment. A two to three hour assessment establishes the client’s needs, goals, whether he or she is suitable for the program, and which program is the best fit. The program is then tailored to fit the client.
Visit 37 Common Characteristics of Dyslexia for an informal self-screening.
- The Program: There are various Davis programs that target different problems. All the Davis programs are one-on-one and intensive.
There are short breaks throughout the day with an hour long lunch break. The client should be well rested and ready to learn.
- The Davis Dyslexia Correction Program is usually a five-day program. It is normally given Monday to Friday from 9:00 – 4:00.
- The Davis Math Mastery Program usually takes between five and eight days. It is normally given Monday to Friday from 9:00 – 4:00.
- The Davis Attention Mastery Program is usually a five-day program. It is normally given Monday to Friday from 9:00 – 4:00.
- The Davis Reading Program for Young Learners (Ages 5 – 7) is usually a two-week half-day program.
- Support Training: On the last afternoon, the client's family members, tutors, or friends will be trained to assist in the follow-up exercises to ensure post-program success. Clients will be provided with all the necessary take-home materials.
- Follow-Up Exercises: The client applies what was learned and does follow-up exercises at home to continue to build on his or her success.
- Review: Kim provides unlimited telephone and email consultations and up to 6 hours of follow-up visits as needed.